Deep Green Resistance
For years, Derrick Jensen has asked his audiences, "Do you think this culture will undergo a voluntary transformation to a sane and sustainable way of life?" No one ever says yes.
Deep Green Resistance starts where the environmental movement leaves off: industrial civilization is incompatible with life. Technology can't fix…
Why read it?
1 author picked Deep Green Resistance as one of their favorite books. Why do they recommend it?
The first four books on this list provide a grounding in the how and why of environmentalism. Deep Green Resistance is focused purely on what we can do to save the world.
The book explores the history of environmental and political movements in detail, as well as strategy and tactics. By learning from the past and innovating based on current global politics and economics, the authors argue we can build an effective resistance movement to dismantle the global industrial system that is destroying the planet. The conclusions are controversial, but the importance of these topics cannot be ignored. Anyone who…
Our community of 10,000+ authors has personally recommended 100 books like Deep Green Resistance.
5 book lists we think you will like!
- The best environmental books of all time
- The best books on the climate change debate: a clarion call to avoid a catastrophe
- The best books to understand the future potential of renewable energy
- The best books about toxic heritage: pollution, politics, and why history matters
- The best books on solving the climate crisis