De honesta voluptate
Why read it?
1 author picked De honesta voluptate as one of their favorite books. Why do they recommend it?
Researching the trials and tribulations of a Renaissance food taster meant that I had to become familiar with the court cuisine of the period, the ingredients used in their preparation, and most vitally, the politics of the kitchen. I was delighted to find that many of Platina’s recipes can still be enjoyed today; I have made cabbage stuffed with walnuts, chicken fried with diced lemon, and my personal favorite, cherry cheesecake.
Our community of 10,000+ authors has personally recommended 100 books like De honesta voluptate.
5 book lists we think you will like!
- The best bloody and tasty books about the brilliance, cruelty, and especially the food, of the Italian Renaissance
- The best books that explore what Renaissance Italy was really like
- The best books on Renaissance Italy
- The best books to understand the art and culture of Renaissance Florence
- The best books for armchair travel through Italy and Italian history