The Doomed Legions of Ottawa. . .At the turn of the 20th Century radium became a miracle cure for almost any ailment and was advertised in several European nations. When radium was introduced into the United States it achieved a similar popularity. After World War I several companies decided to…
Why read it?
1 author picked Marking Time as one of their favorite books. Why do they recommend it?
A short, locally published selection, this book specifically tells the story of the women of Ottawa, Illinois, who worked at Radium Dial and Luminous Processes. It includes useful local insight and many photos. At 70 pages, the reader can get a great summary of the events without committing to a long non-fiction read.
Our community of 10,000+ authors has personally recommended 100 books like Marking Time.
5 book lists we think you will like!
- The best books about Radium Girls
- The best books on World War I and America's role in it
- The best books to help you understand why World War I changed everything forever
- The best books on the cultural history of the First World War
- The best books about Australia in World War I covering the battlefields and/or the home front